Date(s) - 28/10/2019
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Visit Westminster Abbey, the coronation church of the British monarchy since the 11th century
Just a short walk from the Thames, Westminster Abbey is a must-see and a significant structure in British history. This beautiful gothic church is a UNESCO World Heritage Site popular with many visitors to London. Complete with paintings, stained glass windows and other religious artefacts, Westminster Abbey owns the most important collection of monumental sculpture anywhere in Britain.
A really great opportunity to visit one of the world’s most famous building here on our doorstep. This ancient Abbey, site of many royal and state occasions, has much to show everyone. This will be a private tour by an experienced guide.
Westminister Abbey Highlights
- Charles Dickens, Geoffrey Chaucer, Dr Samuel Johnson and Charles Darwin are buried in the Abbey.
- The Abbey’s history is made up of famous Kings and Queens, as well as renowned poets and priests – even heroes and villains were embroiled in its past!
- Memorials for Isaac Newton and Stephen Hawking in Scientists’ corner.
- Westminster contains impressive statues and monuments from the Virgin Mary holding a baby Jesus to the grave of the unknown warrior.
- The Little Cloister which leads to College Garden, the oldest garden in England, where Abbey clergy live.
Access: Some parts of the Abbey are not easily accessible. Please be conscious of this. There will be walking and also some steps to climb
Nearest tube is Westminster or St James Park
Sorry, but this event is fully booked. Why not look for another one to come to